What are the things you can do to achieve some measure of happiness?
We are not even going deep, but how far can you go to ensure you go to bed at peace and wake up with a glow.
I’m on a journey to find true happiness and joy and at 23, I know I’m not even close to finding it yet.
We’ll start from here, some practical things that I have done to make myself happy. Take a look at some of them.
1) I have bought happiness: You read that right. For me I have found that a sweet cup of Passion Fruit Sorbet from my favourite Ice Cream parlour or a Yum chocolate filled cupcake makes me so happy. the feeling is fleeting but it works so well and for a few hours after that experience , I am indeed happy.
I’m all the way Yum! 🍫Via @bakerbynature – 💕💕💕 Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream! The frosting can be made with frozen raspberries, meaning we can eat these beauties year round! #TheBourgieLife #TheBGL #Food #foodporn #foodgasm #foodstagram #living #Lifestyle
2) I have found Happiness in Solitude: Here’s where my mum will agree with me. Sometimes being by myself just calms me and gets me away from what would have otherwise dragged me down. Combined with a good book and no distractions, solitude does it for me at times.
3) I am happy when I work out: Now I’m no fitness buff but I know that each time I roll out my exercise mat and do some yoga stretches, I get this feeling of accomplishment which in turns translates to joy. I am sure this is not wishful thinking as studies have shown that Exercise is one of the most dependable mood-boosters. Yaaay, #FitFam!
From the Perez family with love. 💓💞 From @summerperez – The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart. – Helen Keller #TheBourgieLife #TheBGL #fitness #fitfam #fitnessGoals #healthylifestyle
4) I have found Happiness with my friends: I am blessed with amazing people that I can call my friends and when I find that I am feeling down or some type of way, I tell those that won’t sugarcoat things for me but will find a way for me to feel better so I can forge ahead. As I’m typing this, one of them has taken almost all the space on the bed (Tracy Ewomazino Reuben, I’m talking about you).
5) I’ve found happiness in Giving: Have you noticed that when you genuinely give out something, you feel 10 times lighter than you were before. It doesn’t have to be money but it must be from the heart. For me, I have learnt that this could be as simple as consultations or advice that would have otherwise been paid for to those who need it but can’t afford it.
6) I’m happy when I worship God in Truth and in Spirit: Yes, ultimately this is it! Once my day doesn’t start with spend time in God’s presence, the rest of my day just goes on in a blehhh. I’m not saying everything goes on perfectly when I bask in God’s presence before leaving the house, I’m saying that constantly connecting to God in my spirit keeps me stable in the face of trying moments.
Expectant mummy Waiting for her Prince 💞💞 via @lifestoriesphotography – Another stunning mom to be 💙 waiting for her prince #TheBourgieLife #TheBGL #wednesday #wcw #pregnancy #babybump #maternityphotography #maternity #pregnancyglow
Have you been struggling with a mid life crisis or a wallowing in a creative rut? Do any of the following;
1) Indulge in something sweet, chocolate preferably
2) Go to a park and get lost in a novel
3) Spend time with friends and family
4) Find a daily 30-minute work out regime that works out for you.
5) Go to an orphanage, not just for photos but to connect wiht the children that need your love and care.
6) Find God, because his arms are wide open waiting to give you true happiness.